Associate Costume Designer
REV UP Brands is a global dancewear manufacturer and retailer, designing and selling shoes, dancewear, and costumes for dancers of every ability all over the world. Since opening its doors in 1996, asRevolution Dancewear, LLCthe company has differentiated itself by its deep and loyal relationships with dance studios in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
The Designer’s primary responsibility is to design and develop the most preferred costumes and dancewear in the industry to support the company’s goals and strategies.
- Bring the vision of our brands and product strategies to life through innovative, trend-right, and on-brand designs that meet the company’s profitability goals
- Develop a deep understanding of the studio owner, choreographer/studio creative director & dancer’s needs incorporating both performance (fit/movement/comfort) and style (color/cut/trend) perspectives
- As part of the Design team, stay informed and aware of the competitive landscape
- As required, research and translate applicable trends to meet customer’s needs and wants for costumes & dancewear
- Provide design/concept boards to communicate research findings on design, trend and consumer needs for dance costumes & apparel through a dance lens to offer new design ideas.
- Contribute to designing a line that reflects the aesthetic of the REV UP portfolio of brands.
- Design and develop silhouette styling and apparel concepts for the brand portfolio.
- Work closely with Design Team, through concept, design, and presentation to execution.
- Shop the market and trend resources - virtually and in person - for design inspiration (materials, color, silhouettes, and etc.)
- Collaborate with Product Management, Technical Design and Sourcing to ensure accurate and timely sample development and that product design and materials meet quality and price meet objectives.
- Prepare tech handoff information for the technical design team that includes construction details, sketches, fabrications, trims, and colors.
- Attend fittings and provide fit comments to Technical Design team to ensure quality and fit that meets design standards and overall brand objectives.
- Meet all calendar deadlines and deliverables
- Ensure the company is protected and acting in full compliance with all trademark, intellectual property and design mark requirements, whether legal or ethical in nature.
- 1-3 years of design experience earned through job experience and/or relevant internships
- Bachelor’s degree in apparel design or closely related field preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Good working knowledge of fabrics, construction, and fit standards
- Experience and working knowledge of activewear and stretch fabrics required
- PLM software experience a plus
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work on complex projects independently
- The ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- The ability to manage multiple brands and various projects at once with excellent time management
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and assignments
- Works well in a team environment; excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
We offer a comprehensive benefits package; including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and 401k Plan with Company Match.