Associate Demand Planner-Boot Group (Hybrid)
At Wolverine, we exist to support the people who forge their own path; men and women who stop at nothing to build the future they want.
Born in Michigan, we’ve been building boots and gear for over 135 years to be every bit as tenacious and capable as the people who wear them. What started as a work boot that promised to give you 1000 miles of wear has evolved into a footwear and apparel brand that delivers on that promise every day, in every product. We provide guaranteed comfort and time-tested design in everything from steel toe work boots to premium leather boots handcrafted in the USA… we’re not good because we’re old – we’re old because we stayed good.
We do more than just make great products; we strive to provide a collaborative working environment, with creative minds and innovative thought processes, utilizing consumer insights and market research to stand out from the pack. With Project Bootstrap, we champion and support those in skilled trades careers through donations, marketing campaigns and ambassador programs.
TheGlobal Demand Planningteam owns and is accountable for the global alignment from all regions for asset management, demand planning, supply planning, and fiscal alignment.
- Material Master Support: Administer material number stock status changes with direction from leadership.
- Service, Margin, Quality:Run/compile standardizedreporting and analyzecurrentlead times, service levels, and stock quality mix for planning evaluation.
- Run/compile standardized reportingregarding on-hand SKU counts to ensure benchmarking against established KPIs.
- Consistently monitor changes in production flow, anticipate results of these changes, and initiate appropriate adjustments when results negatively affect plans and commitments
- Identify delivery issues, and construct solutions
- Run/update standardized reporting regarding booking activity vs published availability dates to allow planning to evaluate exceptions-based issues for resolution.
- Execute size/width simulation to ensure appropriate purchases per established curve. Maintain delivery information on all open purchase orders from issuance to receipt. Update standardized buying reports weekly to support buying process.
- Track commercialization and sourcing operations team to ensure production output will support largest weekly volumes. Identify delivery issues andwork with planning team to construct solutions.
- Update and release production POs with corrected size/width information with Manager guidance.
- Revise purchase order line item detail to ensure SAP reflects the most accurate ETAs for customer deliveries.
- Review and respond to factory delay notices with Manager guidance.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong Excel Capabilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of product lifecycle planning
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- SAP experience preferred
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).