Individual contributor responsible for assisting with the creation of commercially viable product designs across collections. Coordinate and deliver brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines. Applies a solid working knowledge of fashion trends and consumer needs to product designs. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on limited experience to plan and accomplish goals. Takes direction under immediate supervision, exercising a minimal degree of scope/decision making. Reports to Manager level of above and no direct reports.
- Assist in conceptualizing multiple creative solutions to address project strategies with multiple design options within the cost parameters
- Assists to drive the creative process to prototype level for category
- Assists to research and identify major trends, items, colors, finishes for specific categories
- Assists in partnering with Merchant and Product Development teams to ensure the alignment of the designs during the product development process
- Assist in creating products, which represent the BBW brand strategy from a seasonal perspective
- Assists in completing the Design board print outs
- Responsible for completion of spec and passing completed spec to PD team (assigning style #'s, naming)
- Bachelors or equivalent education or experience preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in product development or design; specifically with personal care, gifts, accessories and fashion
- Strong sense of design and color plus demonstrated expertise in hard goods and soft goods
- High level of creativity, conceptualization, execution, organization and design skills
- Drawing and computer illustration skills.
- Must have CS and Illustrator experience
- Demonstrates ability to design products into Merchant objectives and financial strategy
- Understanding of fabrication and material costs a plus
- Strong fashion sense with ability to translate into product assortment
- Understanding of customer-specific product issues,
- Ability to identify trends in front of the fashion curve
- Ability to communicate and articulate trends
- Must be able to create technical specs
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.