The Associate Designer will be a part of a collaborative creative team designing. S/he will manage design collections, large scale projects, tasks and timelines.
Design, Research & Presentation
- Create, develop and rework designs for projects as assigned by management.
- Sketch, build and update jewelry and product designs in 2D and 3D.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of style concepts in jewelry, product, fashion, and art as they relate to Tiffany design.
- Work on revisions, tweaks and updates for designs.
- Research and provide content based on direction from Design Directors.
- Create and organize design decks and presentations.
- Ensure design deadlines are met for assigned projects.
- Ensure projects and samples are clear and on time.
- Prepare for design review meetings on a daily basis.
Operations & Administration
- Proactively manage and maintain accurate usage of design systems and numbers project.
- Act as liasion between internal partners such as Product Design, Design Development, and other tactical departments.
- Edit collected materials using sketches when available images are not adequate.
- Organize and maintain the design archives.
- Perform routine cleaning activities for 3D printers and waxes.
- Support team in design process as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have a College Degree in Jewelry, Metals, Industrial Design or Fine Arts and/or 2+ years of industry experience.
- Fluent in Rhino (Solidworks or equivalent CAD program), familiar with Rendering (Keyshot, Vray etc..)
- Digital organic modeling/Sculpture skills (ZBrush or equivalent)
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Excellent drawing skills
- Knowledge of jewelry/hard goods manufacturing and techniques.
- Knowledge and communication of competitive retail market, design trends, brand identity, target consumer and competitive landscape.
- Ability to manage project goals and associated timelines.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Ability to take designs from concept to final technical, both collaboratively and independently
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Good time management skills in order to adapt meet multiple deadlines.
- Solution oriented.
- Concept sketching and hand rendering preferred (advanced hand rendering critical for statement).
- Familiarity with 3D printing.