This is a unique and exciting time to join Express. Since launching our EXPRESSway Forward strategy in 2020, we have been steadily advancing a transformation from being known as a store in the mall to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling community. We believe that clothes can serve a higher purpose to make people look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel, and our Express brand purpose – We Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression – speaks to the role our brand can play in their lives. In 2021, we introduced our innovative Community Commerce program, inviting brand fans and style enthusiasts to take their passion for fashion to the next level by working with us.
Today, we are building, activating and amplifying the Express styling community, and we invite you to join us. Our culture is defined by three values – Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success – and every associate at every level in every department is an important part of our transformation and our future.
For more information about Express, Inc. please visit www.express.com .
- Collaborate in research and development of seasonal trends (Runway, Magazines, Style blogs, ect). Identify key ideas and images for seasonal concept, design and development for Men's Outwear,
- Collaborate in shopping retail and designer markets to seek new & innovative ideas.
- Independently own (from concept to final product) an entire category with guidance and direction from Designer Director / VP Design.
- Contribute strong and innovative ideas & designs independently.
- Communicates regularly with merchant partners to gather input and share line development direction.
- Assists and supports Design team in development and innovation of ideas and trends that support Express brand. Participate in research and development of seasonal trends (Runway, Magazines, Style blogs, ect).
- Assists in shopping retail and designer markets to seek new & innovative ideas.
- Assists in product development at all stages under guidance of Senior Designers.
- Creates flat technical Illustrator sketches for Design development tech packs.
- Participate and attend all fittings until approved fit. Take detailed notes and follow up as needed.
- Clearly communicate with vendors and production partners about various stages in development
- 3-5 +years of full time professional Men's Outwear Design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design with preference of internship in fashion design
- Eye for “Express “ brand. Excellent design and sketching skills. Strong fashion and creative ability. Keen trend awareness.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate next.
- Ability to work well with multiple team members: Positive Team player attitude.
- Punctuality & dependable attendance.
- Proficiency in: WebPDM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop , Windows (Outlook / Word / Excel).
Express offers a range of benefits to help protect full-time associate’s health and long-term financial security including:
Medical, pharmacy, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with Company match
- Merchandise discount
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave for new moms and dads
- And more
Part-time associates may be eligible to receive paid sick leave, public health emergency leave and to participate in the 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with Company match. Additionally, part-time associates are eligible to receive an Express merchandise discount, to participate in our Learn & Earn incentive program, and to choose voluntary benefits through YouDecide. Full-time leaders may be eligible to participate in our quarterly incentive program.
Salary Range: $64,400 - $88,000
ClosingAs an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.