Our famous apparel client is looking for an Associate Designer to join their team in San Francisco, CA! This role will be partially onsite.
What you'll do:
- Participates in research and conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for design of product - includes preparing and updating sketches in detail, assorting pattern and
- colors in the line.
- Creates/updates BOM’s in accordance with the sample production timeline to ensure that samples are produced
- and delivered each season.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Collaborates with CAD team for layout and colorways on stripes, plaids and prints. Communicates/recommends
- revisions when needed.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Reviews production submits in partnership with cross-functional team – ensures aesthetic and execution hold
- up to aligned standard.
- Presents to team at milestone meetings.
- Manages his/her records each season– creating/updating line-sheets, fabric lists, etc.
What you'll need:
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- 2-4 years design experience.
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology.
- Adobe programs a must – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Solid understanding of design process.
- Solid flat sketching skills.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements,
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements