For over 25 years,Eberjeyhas created a space where you can feel truly yourself. A state of mind where the outside world fades and your inner voice reigns. This is the essence of living an authentic life. And it's more important than ever.
With a fast-growing DTC business, four retail locations, and wholesale partners worldwide, we believe in bringing comfort and joy home to as many people as we can. Join us on our journey as we continue to create styles and spaces that encourage softness, ease, confidence, and total authenticity.
The Associate Designer will drive strategic vision and design for their categories, lead and design new innovative products and update current running styles by translating market and fashion trends that identify consumer needs and desires with tangible products. The Associate Designer will become an expert in all things Eberjey and learn and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to complete the design process from concept through the development cycle. The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative, team player, with an entrepreneurial mindset, and is passionate about all things Eberjey.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing and developing their categories from inception to delivery including market trend research, seasonal concepts, sketches, garment mockups, specifications, tech packs, etc.
- Maintain merchandising structure and flow for each category, ensuring brands design aesthetic and storytelling is maintained throughout design process, creating a cohesive product assortment that is unique and innovative.
- Build assortment strategies based on historical data, seasonality, function, sku count and AUR.
- Research, analyze, & propose seasonal trends, concepts, and ideas to ensuring the brand vision is consistent
- Create & maintain line sheets with seasonal colorways/prints/styles within PLM
- Attend and participate in fit sessions, review sample garments on and off models; suggest modifications/adjustments to achieve desired effects. Update design changes to sketches & BOMS
- Challenge and introduce new and innovative methods of creative execution
- Manage design processes to ensure timely delivery of designs and ensure process flow while adhering to calendar and key milestones
- Daily collaboration with technical teams and supply chain organization to deliver key results
- Create and maintain thorough and accurate tech packs/ design cards/flat technical Illustrator sketches/BOM within PLM
- Participate in selection of fabric and trims with a focus on softness; partner and work closely with sourcing team on innovative and sustainable fabrics and trims.
- Build strong, collaborative, and synergistic relationships with cross functional partners.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Textile or Fashion Design
- 3+ years of experience within design industry, with 2+ years at Associate Designer level
- Advanced level design and visualization skills, by hand & computer-aided design (CAD)
- Technical capacity & skills in design & garment manufacturing. Must be able to understand the line direction, garment construction and cost to support the business and merchandising strategies.
- Passionate about sustainability
- Knowledge of woven and knit garment construction.
- Excellent organizational, time management, capacity planning, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, team player, with a positive- can do attitude
- Proactive approach; resourceful, practical with keen eye for detail
- Ability to initiate creative ideas from process to execution independently
- A passion for active learning: keeping up to date with emerging trends relating to fabrics, colors, and silhouettes
- Strong understanding of industry and trends. Ability to conduct extensive sourcing, research & analysis in fabrics, trims, colors, shapes, etc. for upcoming collections
- Must have a keen eye for color, print, and fabric, bring a point of view and elevated aesthetic
- Proven track record in developing cohesive assortments that deliver results. Experience in launching or scaling a category, business, or division is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office suite. Experience with PDM/PLM, Centric or Flex PLM experience a plus
Eberjey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.