Founded in 1998 United Legwear & Apparel Co. (ULAC) is a global designer, manufacturer and distributor of socks, legwear, sportswear, bodywear, and accessories. As one of the leading resources in the industry, ULAC offers a full range of apparel, from newborn/toddler sizes through teens and adults.
United Legwear & Apparel Co. has assembled a team of experienced professionals with like priorities all working together to make the company the very best in the business. Whether in sales, finance, planning, licensing, or shipping, the goal is always customer satisfaction and superior product.
INNOVATION, DESIGN AND MERCHANDISING
Our design and merchandising teams have expertise in identifying emerging trends, fashions, and consumer desires. We also understand the essence of a brand and translate each brand’s DNA while creating apparel and accessories with the most advanced fabrics and yarns and designing items for sport/performance needs and lifestyle. It is the company goal to deliver the best quality goods and the most innovative products within a category.
The company as a whole works at a very fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with tight deadlines, collaboration and camaraderie. The entire company is very tight knit. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a quirky sense of humor, and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time, and are looking for someone who can do the same.
The Associate Designer will work with the design team in the design, creation and delivery of the line of designated brand right products that support strategic initiatives. This position will use exceptional design skills, knowledge of the current market and identifying trends to create innovative and commercially viable products from conception to production.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
- Work with design team in designing, sketching and developing ideas for men’s sportswear line with a concentration in knit and sweater design
- Research emerging fashion trends and provide awareness of market trends in color, fabrics, style and how to interpret those trends for the brand.
- Generate, update and recolor seasonal Cads for within Kaledo software
- Assist in inputting designs into 3D software
- Produce detailed tech packs and follow through the entire development of product from initial line to final pre-production samples.
- In-put Tech Packs into (Exenta) system.
- Daily follow up with factories on tech pack creation/revision/review and submit approvals.
- Review and approve labdips and strike off submits.
- Interact with sales team to discuss design ideas
- Tag and organize samples for market and meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related area
- 2+ years of experience in Design- menswear.
- Knowledge of fashion trends and general trends in color, fabric and style.
- High creativity and artistic abilities, an eye for color, texture and pattern with keen attention to detail and ability to visualize in three dimensions.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, email and internet. Previous Kaleido and/or Browzewear knowledge a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as required for effective interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and workload seamlessly and follow-up.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team under critical time frames.
- Self driven and experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to apply good work habits to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the smooth operation of the company/department.
* United Legwear & Apparel Company is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we do not currently sponsor visas.