The Workroom LA is a full cycle apparel company with Mens and Womens brands and an extensive private label portfolio. We are a small tight-knit team of passionate and creative individuals who value integrity, empathy, responsibility, and having fun.
Our growing team is looking for an Associate Designer to collaborate with our Design Team and the Thread&Supply brand. The ideal candidate must be a great communicator, highly organized with a keen eye for detail, and be able to work in a fast-paced team environment with shifting priorities.
- Work with Senior Head Designer for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos.
- Work on development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment
- Design according to style plans, sales feedback and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Create sketches in Illustrator. Prepare and manage ongoing linesheets.
- Ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library.
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims; maintain fabric/trim library
- Review lab dips with Designer and Senior Designer, send comments to vendors and maintain color standards; review prints and graphics and advise revisions where appropriate; coordinate fit process.
- Follow-up with customers, suppliers and internal teams.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- 3-5 years experience in apparel design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe products, namely Illustrator and Photoshop.