Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy's Merchandising curates the best national and private brands to support our customer's self-expression from off-price to luxury. Merchandising ensures Macy's is the premier fashion authority using a high acumen for products and trends as well as strong relationships with vendors in the marketplace. Our team maximizes sales and gross margin for each product category by identifying, procuring, and assorting the products that our customers demand.
Do you have an eye for products and trends? Join Macy's Merchandising and create connections that surprise and delight our customers at every turn.
The Associate Designer is responsible for the design, development, selection, and approval of materials, trims, silhouettes, colors and patterns for area of responsibility. Responsible for a specific classification or area. This position will support the Design team in developing and executing a strategic vision, with a progressive, customer centric-approach all while delivering on sales and profit objectives. This role requires the ability to leverage technical expertise to identify opportunities and develop an assortment. . A fundamental requirement is to be able to build trust with their teams and key collaborators.
- Ideally, 3-4-plus years of industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or Fine Arts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence
- Able to develop, plan, and present given category of business
- Understands competitive marketplace and pursues white space opportunities that align with Polaris Strategy and the Brand DNA
- Competitive research and determine action necessary to address competitive challenges
- Identify any product opportunities and provide suggestions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines
- Strong color sense/print sense
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and PLM
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.