At GameStop, we are committed to providing exceptional service and delivering the latest and greatest in gaming products to our customers. As a leading global retailer of video games, electronics, and gaming merchandise, we take pride in offering a wide range of products that cater to the needs and desires of gamers worldwide. Our mission is to create unforgettable experiences for our customers by constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible. Whether you're a hardcore gamer or just starting out, we've got something for everyone. Join us in our mission to shape the future of gaming and bring the best gaming products to the world!
Working under general supervision, the Associate Designer strategizes, designs, develops brand experiences and creative for GameStop. While maintaining a key focus on developing and building consumer and internal facing creative, the Associate Designer role also stays current with new and emerging technology, while keeping abreast of industry best practices to assure effective web and print designs. This role works closely with copywriting and marketing associates to ensure all communications are on target and meet/exceed specific marketing objectives and brand initiatives. He/she participates in all phases of the design process, from kick-off meetings, concept development, and proofing process, through to development, content production and testing. The principal business outcome for this position is to create quality brand experiences online and in-store for customers, resulting in greater consumer interest and engagement with GameStop, as well as creating profitable shopping experiences measured by customer conversion rates and overall online sales. This position may interact with a supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback, and at times directly with project owners to resolve or mediate project issues, but should have a driven and positive personality that can innovate and lead a team on a clear path. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
- Design stunning, high-quality graphics that convey a compelling message through visual representation.
- Design project specific mockups and templates.
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand objectives, provide accurate and timely updates and deliver creative explorations.
- Support the production of additional creative needs as requested by other departments; offer design recommendations to internal customers when appropriate.
- Collaborate with functional and creative leaders to identify and leverage design synergy between projects sponsored by brand management, merchandising, and marketing.
- Integrate business requirements into all creative elements as directed.
- Provide technical expertise to other graphic designers and creative team members.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of current technologies and design trends, staying abreast of new and burgeoning technologies and trends in the design community.
- Help oversee the production and completion of all creative projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Assist with additional design needs, including both print and web elements.
- Maintain expert knowledge of current design trends.
- Apply past experience of team and individual development and growth.
- Support multiple, potentially overlapping projects effectively in an environment with tight timelines.
- Manage workload and have exceptional communications skills around progress, conflict and planning.
- Leverage a proficient understanding of the creative development process.
- Be a champion for innovative solutions, and work towards more efficiency and better experiences for the customer.
- Offer design and usability advice and best practice recommendations to internal customers.
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization within all parameters of the organization’s respectful workplace policies.
- At least 2-3 years of post-secondary education in Fine Arts, Web Design, or equivalent experience required; Associate degree in Fine Arts or Web Design preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of design experience in marketing or advertising, or a relevant combination of education and experience
- Strong portfolio including examples of web and print design for brand creative.
- Proficient knowledge of organizational branding and its relationship to customer experience
- Possess an expert sense of concept development, layout composition, color theory, typography, and basic drawing skills
- Knowledge regarding differences in quality of photo files for print and web media
- Understanding of concept development, layout composition, site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, navigation, color theory, typography, and basic drawing skills
- Knowledge of usability and online user experience design principles
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English — bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
- Proficient organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially demanding and conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of organizational branding and its relationship to customer experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, XD and InDesign
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud a huge plus
- Knowledge of Movable Ink a huge plus
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other professionals, including the ability to respond professionally to creative differences of opinion and to handle frequent feedback including multiple, potentially conflicting revisions and stress in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Proficient written/verbal communication and presentation skills using spoken English
- Proficient organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficient ability to meet demanding, evolving and frequently overlapping deadlines
- Ability to respond favorably to frequent feedback, including multiple, potentially conflicting revisions
- Ability to complete design projects quickly, as needed, to ensure that the department's production objectives are achieved
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others, including the ability to respond favorably to creative differences of opinion and to handle stress in a manner acceptable to others
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.