Fruit of the Loom,an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. & leading international basic apparel company, has an immediate opening for anAssociate Designerat its Corporate Headquarters in Bowling Green, KY
Under the guidance of the Senior Designer or Director, the Associate Designer assists in the creation of new concepts as well as updates to current line. This role participates in trend research, prototype creation and presentation boards for seasonal development. The Associate Designer utilizes an understanding of the category, fashion and competitive trends to design collections to meet strategy expectations and financial targets.
Create Concept boards, CAD development and presentation preparation needs for internal and external line reviews. Manage records each season – create and update linesheets, material lists, etc. Present to the team at milestone meetings.
Collaborate with the Senior Designer or Director to create product concepts. Increased involvement in fit and feature recommendation and line edits. Communicate product details to team members in accordance with product development process.
Participate in routine market audits to identify trends, inspiration and competitive insights to grow category expertise. Assist the Design team in the development and communication of seasonal category trend.
Assist in fabric and trim development to achieve cost targets and deliver the features and benefits for the desired consumer experience. Ensure product is being designed within cost parameters.
- 2-4 years of experience in design
- Bachelors or Associate degree in Design, required
- Working knowledge of sewing techniques, pattern construction, material development and fitting
- Must have technical flat sketch ability
- Proficient in computerized assisted systems (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, PLM)
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate and present product effectively
- Domestic travel required for trend and competitive market research