Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child's arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that works for them and their teams. After all, many parents call Babylist their professional home, and sometimes, life puts you in a position where you just have to jump off that Zoom meeting to clean up that banana that’s getting stomped on by your 2 year old.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to quickly build those relationships, we offer the opportunity to meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually. Most of our roles are fully remote, but these opportunities to meet in person will involve limited amounts of travel. For some leaders, there might be more opportunities to get together in person that would require about 10% travel to Oakland, CA or elsewhere.
What the Role Is
Babylist is looking for anAssociate Baby Designerto support our growing Design team. This role will develop each season’s product line through research of trends, collaboration with the Design Manager and communication with cross functional partners.
This position is responsible for overseeing the development of both apparel and non-apparel items for the Baby division and achieving the highest level of quality. This person will be required to work under tight deadlines and is responsible for meeting critical calendar dates.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years of Apparel Design experience
- You have high taste level and excellent eye for color, graphics, print and pattern; able to translate into brand aesthetic
- You are Solution oriented, critical thinker with ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
- You have Adobe Illustrator proficiency
- You have Awareness of current fashion trends and understanding of the childrenswear marketplace
- You are a high-energy team player with a can-do attitude willing to learn and grow with the company
- You are flexible and adaptable to work in a highly collaborative environment
- You have exceptional organizational skills
- You have demonstrated ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines
- You have strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- You are highly detail oriented with exceptional follow through.
- You will be a Brand Ambassador at all times- be highly engaged and represent our passion for our brand, our products and our company
- You have an apparel Design degree or related field of study
- You are located in the Tri-State Area
How You'll Make an Impact
- Work with design manager to create seasonally relevant product line for the baby division
- Shop appropriate markets and assist manager to conceptualize the product design inclusive of silhouette, color, fabric, print and pattern direction
- Work with Designer Manager to create style CADs and manage linesheets
- Sketch illustrator flats and create design tech packs for pass off to technical design partners
- Manage/Create Tech packs
- Prepare materials for development: color, fabric and trim cards
- Manage artwork submits and sample comments for division
- Attend fittings and partner with technical designers
- Provide general assistance as needed including but not limited to copying, filing, maintaining library, assembling design boards, and other administrative tasks
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office.
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives.
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here.
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems.
- We believe in exceptional management.
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds.
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement.
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match.
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.