Associate Designer - Calvin Klein North America Apparel and Standards
The Associate Designer will be responsible for development of CK Standards in line with company/label directives. He or she should collaborate with cross-functional partners on the fit and execution of all products as well as work closely with sales to understand customer needs and drive sales.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities Of The Job
- Design trend right, saleable product to drive sales applicable to and underwear
- Attend & assist in fittings from first prototypes to samples ensuring design aesthetic and overall garment quality
- Partner with technical design in the creation of tech packs as well as during fit sessions
- Prepare development packages for all Standards product categories
- Ensure calendar deadline achievement in collaboration
- Research the market and trend services to keep designs trend correct
- Work with sourcing team to execute high quality product within calendar timelines.
- Follow up on all preproduction details: color, fabric, and trim; to ensure consistent high quality.
2-4 years of related apparel design experience
Education:Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Must be technically skilled and capable to make comments during fit sessions
- Hand / computer sketching
- PLM – create and maintain design packages
- Aesthetically keen eye
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent color matching skills
- Acute attention to detail throughout the design process
- Proficient in Photoshop, illustrator, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat or other related technical experience
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH