Associate, Designer - Cold Weather
CENTRIC BRANDS WAS CREATED TO PUT ITS PEOPLE FIRST. WE KNOW THAT
HAVING THE BEST PEOPLE LEADS TO GREAT RESULTS.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO BE PART OF A
WORLD-CLASS TEAM, THEN CENTRIC BRANDS IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU.
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women's, men's and kid's apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company's future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
The Associate Designer supports the Senior Designer in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Work with Senior Designer Director for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos
- Work on development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment
Operations & Results
- Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Create Illustrator sketches and CAD packets for design meetings.
- prepare specification sheets and line sheets and update as necessary
- Create and maintain spec sheets, line sheets, and cost sheets. Assist in organizing archives library;
- ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims; maintain stitch and trim library
- Organize and review lab dips with Senior Designer, send comments to vendors and maintain color standards
- Design or implement prints and graphics and advise revisions where appropriate;
- Fit proto samples, pre production and TOP samples, advise comments to factories
- Assist with any packaging development
- Organize and manage samples
- Make and update cost sheets
Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design and production;
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and Brand teams.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
Our Best Fit Candidate Would Have
- 3-5 years experience in apparel design
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Knowledge of knit stitches gauge, construction, silhouettes, ability to create color ways fabrication and trim
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, CAD and Mac computers
- Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer