With over 75 years of industry expertise, The Levy Group remains one of the largest apparel manufacturers in the United States. Our commitment to outstanding quality, value, and customer service has enabled us to continually grow and innovate in a highly challenging marketplace. Our network has grown to over 300 retail partners, five international offices, a portfolio of iconic brand partners, and four proprietary brands.
The Levy Group designs, manufactures, imports, markets, and distributes outerwear, swimwear, dresses, activewear, men’s tailored clothing, and sportswear. Headquartered in New York City, The Levy Group manages, elevates, and builds the long-term value of consumer brands by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers and retailers.
This position will be on the Contemporary Women's Outerwear team.
- Assist head designer in arranging, sourcing and developing fabric and trim, as well as flat sketching new developments for the upcoming season.
- Attend fittings and assist technical designer in fit & production issues. Post fitting, make revisions to sketches and design packages as needed.
- Communicate with factories & vendors both locally & internationally via in person, telephone & email regarding sourcing, developing and arranging of new fabric & trim. Also communicate regarding sample design development for the upcoming season.
- Work with sales on design development & production including preparing and requesting photo samples, color cards for buyers and assembling line sheets for both house and individual buyers.
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Work with personnel both internally and externally on costing garments each season.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, technical and functional applications, fabrication and trim.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be friendly, easy to work with and focused.
- Must speak English.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design (Associate Degree will be considered if candidate has enough relevant experience).
- 2-3 years experience in apparel design. Experience in relevant categories preferred.
- Highly proficient in Adobe software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in PLM preferred.
- Based in New York, and willing to work in person at least four days a week.