Associate, Designer - Favorite Daughter
Favorite Daughter currently has an exciting opportunity available as an Associate Designer. Design a casually cool collection of wardrobe must-haves along with the fashionably-sensitive sisters, Sara and Erin Foster.
The Associate Designer supports the Designer(s) in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
- General assistance in everyday work, organizing design files and documents, creating and maintaining design boards
- CAD Sketches/ mock-ups and colourways
- Assisting with fittings; notes and documenting information and share with the team.
- Archiving seasonal design ideas and developments
- Create seasonal linesheet / maintaining linesheets update
- Seasonal Illustrations
- Assign style #s based on .
- Set up initial T/P from style templates in correct season.
- Adding Measurement Set based on previous related styles if possible.
- Update season or delivery for styles if moved during Proto stage.
- Set up and update BOM for fabric and trim details and colors, add standard Product Packaging items.
- Select and add correct Wash Care label with assistance from Tech Design and QC.
- Set up color palette names and codes.
- Update BOM with fabric and trim quality and colors when needed.
- Add Design Development image pages for T/P Release.
- Pushes T/P to Ready for IBT once Proto is fit and style to be adopted.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- PLM experience is a must
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training in apparel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products and Mac computers; knowledge of CAD preferable
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401(k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Favorite Daughter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Centric Brands and Favorite Daughter will only reach out to interview, make an offer of employment or conduct onboarding activities for candidates who have applied through our careers site. When interviewing for a position, the candidate experience will include live interaction, such as a video conference or telephone call, with a Recruiter and/or company employee(s). We will never ask for any money or payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process. Be aware of suspicious recruitment activity. If you think you are a victim of an employment scam, you may contact your local law enforcement agency and/or visit the Federal Trade Commission website here: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams.