Associate, Designer - Hudson Jeans
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
What could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world’s most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you’ll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders. The challenges are exciting and the possibilities endless - as you contribute your skills in a vibrant, customer- and people-centric culture that celebrates you as a valuable member of the team.
The Associate Designer for Hudson Jeans will:
- Partner with Wash Designer and Merchandiser w/assortment planning in collaboration with concept, trend and color palette.
- Create, update, and maintain wash and style grids for the season.
- Assist Wash Designer w/all wash developer needs. Ie: tagging samples, receiving/shipping samples, organizing racks and logging wash comments and notes.
- Prep, assist, and attend the pre-assorting meeting with Wash Designer and Merchandising team.
- Update Wash and Style Grids before and after adoption meetings.
- Set up, edit, and maintain styles in PLM System.
- Create Sketches, BOMs and Full TPs to send to Vendor for Protos, SMS and Production Stages.
- Create and send out Vendor POs for SMS needs, track and receive SMS.
- Ship/Coordinate SMS to sales.
- Tech Pack and BOM validation for Production styles.
Fit management, working with tech and attending all fittings, flag any issues/questions to merch team.
- Creative with excellent sketching abilities and a refined taste level.
- Prior work experience with development programs, including sampling with Asian or offshore vendors, developing artwork layouts and packages.
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction, fit and finishes.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and strong follow up skills.
- Adaptable in a fast paced, high growth work environment.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Fashion Design.
- Minimum of 3-4 years in apparel design with nationally or internationally recognized retailers/brands.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, PLM is a plus.
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer