Associate Designer, JOY
Atlanta, GA, USAPosted 5 days ago
Full timeRetail Apparel and Fashion,Manufacturing,Retail
- Conduct frequent research in the market place for new & current trends through web, runway and in store venues.
- Work with concept, senior design team and merchandising team to create designs that are brand right for each delivery to meet the needs of merchandising team.
- Research, communicate and present design and creative concepts that demonstrate innovative, brand-right creative (silos, trim & details, color, print & graphic design direction to supervisor and peers)
- Design silhouettes; develop fabric and trims that are market and brand appropriate.
- Assemble creative and /or trend boards for internal presentations
- Sketch technical drawings in illustrator, clearly communicate design intent on design cards and to tech design, and update design cards in systems
- Fill silhouettes with prints/art in Illustrator working line sheet, update line sheets accordingly and have any design resources needed for presentation meetings
- Independently design at least two to three programs with Supervisors approval
- Build and maintain line sheets in Illustrator for presentation and buying needs.
- Support facilitation for all aspects of design: from initial concept to final development of product
- Participate in all aspects of daily follow up with internal business partner, i.e. email communication and meetings
- Responsible for maintaining all product details throughout design review process that impact final execution of product commercialization; communicate changes with tech, merchant, PDC teams.
- Participate in fittings with senior design team and make updates accordingly.
- Train Assistants and EDPs on silhouette sketching in Illustrator, line sheet, and PLM responsibilities.
- Collaborate and build working relationships with cross functional teams
- Responsible for achieving calendar deadlines for all stages of design.
- Exhibit inquisitiveness, excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabric and trim development
- Possess strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Strong time management and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, creative, and collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Must have ability to analyze and interpret market trends as it relates to our brands as demonstrated through a portfolio of professional work
- Exceptional Mac skills ie: Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- BA or BFA required, preferably in apparel design
- 2-5 years of design experience (preferably in childrens apparel)