Associate Designer (Knits and Wovens)
VIAVIA is a SOCIAL-FIRST, VIDEO-DRIVEN eCommerce platform curating fashion’s culture-making brands and exclusive labels through an Italian and streetwear-inspired lens.
Founded in September 2021, we are an online destination that offers a selection of high-quality and thumb-stopping fashion brands and exclusive MADE IN ITALY labels, supported with video-driven, confidence-inducing styling advice.
Los Angeles, CA
This role is currently largely remote but will require some in-person work at least several days per month. We look forward to building an in-office work environment in the future.
As Associate Designer of Knits & Wovens you will:
- Contribute to trend direction for each season
- Drive product concept through design and development process, including materials, trims, the creation of silhouettes, and fit blocks
- Design through CAD or hand sketches
- Create, manage and distribute line sheets for design presentations
- Prepare and present designs through illustrations, CAD, fabrication, inspiration, and samples
- Ensure product designs support brand image, line plans, assortment strategies, and price points
- Have in-person set-ups and fittings with the support of technical design
Your Experience and Skills Include:
- 4+ years required of design experience in knits and wovens. Major plus if you have experience across both men’s and women’s, as well as other apparel categories
- Solid understanding of how to fit
- Computer design system skills including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; can patiently and effectively communicate with a diverse and multicultural group of peers across time zones and continents
- Nimble, scrappy and adaptable. Can roll with the punches and thrive in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment
- A positive, can-do attitude. You’re not deterred by minor setbacks and are able to swiftly overcome ambiguity
- Will consistently cultivate a culture of inclusion where all team members feel a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic selves to work
- You believe that feedback is a gift; you can receive and grow from feedback, and you’re comfortable sharing thoughtful feedback to others as needed
- Start-up experience a plus
- Major bonus points if you’re fluent in Italian
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity. For applicants in the US, the salary range for this role is $60,000 - $80,000 per year
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance, including a medical insurance plan with 100% coverage of employee premiums
- Flexible PTO policy and company holidays
- And more to come!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of VIAVIA not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Email: [email protected]