Associate Designer, Mainline Accessories
Who You Are:
An Associate level, prolific Designer with focused knowledge and experience in Women’s Handbag design. You are an energetic and collaborative individual with a strong sense of trend awareness and industry knowledge. You are detail oriented and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Aid in the design and development of the Women’s Mainline Handbag collection through market research, trend analysis, sketching designs, coloring CADS and building comprehensive full scale specs.
- Understand the Michael Kors aesthetic and translate it into brand relevant product.
- Responsible for entire product design process including market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and function.
- Research competitors and luxury market brands, partake in design inspiration shopping trips and store visits.
- Follow up with overseas factories on a daily basis regarding tech packs, style updates, and new developments.
- Oversee product from concept right up to production and communicate any changes to the appropriate cross-functional partners
- Ensure that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interpret international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
You’ll Need to Have:
- 2-3 years of design experience within Handbags and/or Accessories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accessories Design or Equivalent
- Ability to work in the NYC office 3-4 days a week
- Strong Technical Skills
- Ability to create full scale technical specs utilizing CAD
- Prolific Designer
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Skills to multitask and manage competing calendar deadlines
- The ability to set a creative tone and to inspire ideas/new concepts
- The ability to conceptually visualize and build a line
- Experience communicating the development with factories
We’d Love to See:
- Ability to hand sketch designs and sketch on Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Strong knowledge of handbag construction in both leather and alternative non-leather materials.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Design school training.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Holiday Schedule
- Summer Fridays
- Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
- Cross-brand Discount
- Exclusive Employee Sales
- Fav 5 Cards (MK Discount for friends and family)
- 401k Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Thrive Wellness Program (seasonal in-office massages and more!)
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Discounts
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V
In compliance with certain Pay Transparency laws, employers are required to disclose a salary range. The salary for this position will vary based on role requirements, skill set and years of experience.