Associate Designer-Men’s Woven Shirts
California Applicants, please click here to review the CCPA notice.
HOW WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
- For full time employees, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with generous matching program, generous paid time off.
- Potential Annual Bonus Opportunity.
- 50% discount at restaurants and retail locations.
- Career advancement opportunities as we are growing!
- For more benefit related information please click HERE.
Please cut and paste this URL into a new browser to view our detailed list of benefits or apply directly on our career site
SET THE COURSE
To collaborate with and support designer in the creation of an apparel line that is attractive to the Tommy Bahama customer, and to work with a team of designers and other staff to ensure the quality of the products is world-class.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Partners with Designer to develop segments of the Tommy Bahama line each season (color, styling, fabric selection).
- Researches trends in fashion and determines desires for Tommy Bahama customer.
- Prepares presentation boards as needed.
- Develops computer coloration and prepares development cards that articulate colors, specifications, fabrics and all information necessary so that samples can be created.
- Develops sketches for garment styling and updates as necessary for sample order.
- Works with Art Team to develop artwork and prints for woven shirts. Creates colorways for woven shirts using NED Graphics program.
- Develops construction specifications and updates as necessary for sample order.
- Create tech packs with all design details using Flex PLM system.
- Collaborates with Designer and Merchandising in resolving production problems for current and upcoming seasons
- Checks samples with Designer or Fitting Technicians for adherence to specs, color, fit, fabric, and construction
- Approves final samples under guidance of Designer
- Communicates feedback to Cross Functional Teams.
- Prepares and maintains styling information in computer as well as hard copy information as necessary.
- Listens to feedback from Merchandising, Sales, and Retail staff to learn more about the Tommy Bahama customer
- Some travel may be required, for design research trips within the US for design inspiration.
- Follows up on details with Merchandising, Sales, or other departments where questions need to be answered by design team.
- Works with design team with sales meeting presentations through effective logistics, meeting planning, and follow through skills.
- Works with team of designers and design assistants to ensure cohesive line, and best quality product available
- Recognizes team members as valuable contributors and listens to their feedback
- Prepares samples for sales meetings
- Prepares information for line sheet for sales meetings and provides information to Graphic Art Team
- Works with Designer and Merchandising to answer questions about the line, and to make changes based on input
- Seeks new ways to make design processes more efficient and shares ideas with design team
- Works as efficiently as possible, while also focusing on quality results for the line.
- Seeks ways to improve his/her abilities and skills as a person and as a design team member.
- Contributes to the success of the entire team, and takes responsibility for results.
- Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years previous design experience
- Computer graphics experience with knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator helpful
- Experience with Flex PLM and NED Graphics helpful
- Experience with the apparel design process from concept to product.
- Ability to listen and incorporate ideas into new designs or products. Must be able to approach each season without a rigid set of rules because of constantly changing trends, yet be able to meet tight timelines.
- “Can-do” or “supportive” attitude that doesn’t allow personal ego to get in the way of effective team product results. Willingness to do less desirable tasks to allow team to succeed is essential.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Time management skills.
- Understanding of Tommy Bahama customers. Ability to creatively design for this market.
- Organization skills. Ability to work under tight timelines while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to observe, learn, and incorporate new ideas quickly.
- Ability to travel occasionally for design inspiration, or Tommy Bahama retail sites.
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.