Associate Designer, Men's Wovens
About the Role
In this role, you will work in an energizing, inclusive, and creative environment focused on concepting and creating sustainable product that exceeds customers' expectations. Your goal is to partner with cross functional team members who collectively are responsible for ensuring that the product style, fit, and quality are more than worth the price for our customers. Responsibilities include participating in the conceptual development of the product line and ensuring product is consistent with market trends and brand strategies. Must lean into risk taking and be customer curious!
What You'll Do
- Research global markets in order to identify new seasonal trends, silhouettes, fabrics, techniques, product categories and competitive inspiration.
- Develop concepts and sketches for product line and advocates for design ideas by presenting to internal leadership and cross functional partners .
- Develop strong internal cross functional relationships with Merchandising, Production, Technical design, Gap Inc Sourcing (GIS), Visual Merchandising and Marketing to ensure product concept to store and site execution is a seamless experience.
- Partner with Production and Tech Design to create tech packs and communicate vision behind fit and product design, ensuring execution, quality, and desired margin targets are achieved.
- Able to communicate difficult concepts in a simple manner
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope.
- Responsible for sketch callouts and communicating desired fit and aesthetic to tech design and maintaining sketch updates and specifications (i.e. trims, wash, etc..)
Who You Are
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment, with the ability to juggle multiple seasons at one time and track development deadlines
- Possess an elevated sense of style, aesthetic, and color and understand how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filter
- Thorough knowledge of silhouette, fit, fabrication, construction, color use, sewing techniques, and trim; applied knowledge of garment construction methods to design process.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner