Associate, Designer - Operations
CENTRIC BRANDS WAS CREATED TO PUT ITS PEOPLE FIRST. WE KNOW THAT
HAVING THE BEST PEOPLE LEADS TO GREAT RESULTS.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO BE PART OF A
WORLD-CLASS TEAM, THEN CENTRIC BRANDS IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU.
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women's, men's and kid's apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company's future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
What could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world's most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you'll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders. The challenges are exciting and the possibilities endless - as you contribute your skills in a vibrant, customer- and people-centric culture that celebrates you as a valuable member of the team.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
The Design Ops Associate supports the Design team in the creation of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) packages and pre-production design work under the guidance of the Technical Development Lead.Responsibilities:
- Attend style review meetings with Design teams to understand vision / concepts prior to initiating the tech pack process
- Provide support to the Technical Developer during style review meetings by taking accurate notes on style, stitching and embellishment details for all product categories
- Follow up with Design teams on all pending information post style review meetings
- Assist in generating Bill of Material (BOM) pages comprised of all garment components: fabrics, trims, embellishments, labels and packaging
- Assist in building manufacturing worksheets to communicate proper stitching and seaming specifications using the ISO 4915 stitch matrix
- Assist in creating production ready woven and knit technical layout/pitch sheets based on fabric construction and yarn counts
- Update technical callouts on wash, finish and dry processes for denim category
- Modify and update PLM information as needed though out the development/production process.
- Provide organizational support to the Design Operations team by maintaining digital and physical reference materials
- Support 3D initiatives by participating in block creation for all product categories
- Update the divisional 3D TOOLBOX Master checklist
- Update the Virtual Apparel Guideline manual
Our Best Fit Candidate Would Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Apparel Design or related field
- 2+ years of relevant design experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the entire Product Development cycle and all milestonesWorking knowledge of garment construction, sewing techniques and seam classifications. Technical knowledge of fabric qualities, construction and finishes for all product categories Proficiency in Flex PLM and Adobe products. Understanding of Child Safety Guidelines Superior organizational and communication skills; team orientedAbility to work in a fast pace, high performance environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability