Associate Designer, Outlet
Assistant Designer, Outlet
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 120 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US.
vineyard vines was founded on a state of mind that Every day should feel this good.
You don’t need to be on a beach, by the ocean or on vacation to have Every day should feel this good moments. It’s a state of mind that we all experience, and one where everyone is invited. At vineyard vines, we don’t just live an #EDSFTG life away from our desks—we bring it to work with us, too.
In our stores, at our Harbor Drive headquarters or working remotely, our company culture is fun, encouraging and welcoming to all. We work hard and play harder, and we never take ourselves too seriously. And while we have many company goals, our number one priority is making vineyard vines a great place to work for all employees.
Our team is our family, and we’d never have grown to where we are today without them.
We’re committed to building an inclusive team across all channels, departments and stores within our community. We hope you’ll join us and see what the smiling pink whale is all about.
The Associate Designer in this position is responsible for the design and development of the vineyard vines Outlet business by interpreting concepts into finished brand appropriate product. Main responsibilities are flat sketches in illustrator as well as the development of presentation boards and presenting lines in concept meetings. The Associate Designer will also execute seasonal line plans and follow product development calendar deadlines.
- Responsible for the development of Outlet apparel according to the seasonal concept (color, styling, etc.)
- Create, update and present concept boards
- Play a key role in executing initial development for each season through creation of original artwork and layouts under the Senior Designer
- Organize and maintain seasonal design books, fabric swatches and trim books
- Assist in all aspects of daily follow-up with external and internal partners
- Create flat sketches and renderings using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Create BOMs and upkeep in Centric PLM
- Attend all proto and bi-weekly fittings
- Participate in group meetings, fabric shows and trend shopping
- Partner with Design team, and cross-functional partners in Product Development, and Merchandising to prevent and resolve production problems for current and upcoming seasons
What you bring:
- Degree in Fashion Design
- At least 3 years of Design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of the apparel design process from concept to product
- Self-Starter and creative thinker with ability to interpret seasonal concept
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to work under tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Must be willing to commute to Stamford, CT Headquarters
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun-spirited entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” people
- We have flexible working hours and work from home days to accommodate your personal life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave, health savings , flex spending accounts, life & disability insurance
- We have an onsite gym as well as health & financial wellness programs to keep you active
- We offer 2 summer Fridays to take off in addition to a competitive vacation policy & holiday calendar