Associate, Designer - Packaging
CENTRIC BRANDS WAS CREATED TO PUT ITS PEOPLE FIRST. WE KNOW THAT
HAVING THE BEST PEOPLE LEADS TO GREAT RESULTS.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO BE PART OF A
WORLD-CLASS TEAM, THEN CENTRIC BRANDS IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU.
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women's, men's and kid's apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company's future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
As a part of Centric Brands, this team handles design and production of packaging and trims for a multitude of apparel brands in the Kid's division. We are looking for a full-time packaging and trim designer with a focus on technical design who has solid production skills and experience. They will work on a small team that services many other teams. Candidate will assist department manager on design projects and work closely with trim coordinator to review and process submit comments. This team handles main branded packaging, branded trims and hardware, as well as generic non-branded packaging and trim. Team members are involved with the complete life cycle of the design and approval process, from setting up initial art layouts, to releasing the items for production.
- Working with designers on setting up seasonal trims
- Adding colorways and sizes to existing trims.
- Sending out art files for development
- Reviewing and commenting on all submits
- Processing comments and approvals with licensors, design teams and coordinators
- Maintaining order within established digital and physical filing systems both in servers and in PLM system
- Assist with work on overall brand packaging programs
- Handle revisions and build packaging mechanicals following established guidelines
Apparel Product Categories
- Dresswear, Sportswear, School Uniforms, Swim, Underwear, Sleepwear, for Boys', Girls', Juniors' and Young Men's'.
Primary Internal Contacts:
- Within direct team:
- Report directly to manager
- Work with Trim Coordinator
- Licensing Team
- Import/ Domestic trim development coordinators
- Compliance team
Primary External Contacts:
- Licensing coordinators for various brands
- Trim vendors
Our Best Fit Candidate Would Have
- Packaging and Trim design experience in the apparel industry
- Knowledge of packaging and trim manufacturing methods and materials
- Solid experience with making submit approvals and color comments
- Candidate must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for art mechanicals and well versed in Word and Excel for submit comments
- Experience in PLM is a big bonus but can train the right candidate
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail are a must
- Verbal and written correspondence is a big part of this job, so clear communication skills are important
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an equal opportunity employer