Associate Designer, Pants - Ann Taylor
ascena is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women through our brands Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey, Lane Bryant and Cacique. We operate ecommerce websites and over 1200 stores throughout the United States.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Associate Designer, Pants - Ann Taylor to join our team located at our Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036.
Position OverviewThe Associate Designer is responsible for a variable amount of design, development and selection of materials, silhouettes, colors and patterns for a specific classification or area. The position embodies the company's Values & Practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brand, embracing diversity in all facets of the role and representing a hunger for knowledge and responsibility. Assists in fabric research, development and fabricates basic core items seeing garments through to production.
Role And Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between Design, Product Development, Technical Design and Merchandising to ensure information flow is accurate throughout the development process
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal clients across departments and divisions
- Manage technical package process, to include drawings, measurements and design detail specifications, as well as hand-off to Product Development
- Thorough knowledge of the line (silhouettes, yarns/fabrics and design details) and responsible for tracking changes/additions
- Design archives library
- Specification sheets, trim sheets and pitch sheets
- Participate in concept review and line building recaps, in addition to line review
- Coordinate all changes from Line Review and communicate to cross-functional teams at Line Review recap
- Generate design ideas
- Assist with:
- Identifying seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility
- Design Presentation Boards; Research competitive market and present results and deductions to Designer
- In Designer's absence, conduct fit sessions (first through fourth fits) and keep supervisor informed
- Interface professionally and work effectively in group settings
- Mentor, coach and counsel direct reports on performance expectations (when applicable)
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Assistant Designer, or 1 year as an Associate Designer
- BA, Associates degree, or equivalent in Design
- Creative and innovative design ability tailored to the brand aesthetic and client
- Strong sketching and illustration ability
- Creating new sketches and sketch updates using adobe illustrator and hand sketching
- Strong fashion, color and print sense
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized with capacity to anticipate change
- Knowledge of design specifications (ex. draping, pattern-making and CAD software)
- Proficient in Photoshop, Excel and Illustrator
The target salary for this role is $65,000 - $72,000.
Actual compensation within that range is influenced by a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, level of experience, and other job-related factors.
Location:Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036
Position TypeRegular/Full time
Equal Employment OpportunityThe Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.