Associate Designer Print & Pattern
The Central Product Creative team provide the foundation to inspire the inspirers. This is a new organization within Product Design at NIKE. We are the first wave creative group that sets and translates Creative Direction for product, providing visionary annual and seasonal creative edges, design trends, concepts and end to end strategies. We define the Central Product Creative Direction, which enables a consistent and uniquely-Nike consumer experience.
Who We Are Looking ForWe’re looking for a passionate creative Associate Designer for Print & Pattern! In this role, you will work in a highly creative, energetic, and inclusive team that shapes the Nike Print & Pattern story for each season. You are an active member of the Print & Pattern Design Team who participates in exploratory design work based on blue sky concepts. Your key focus will be creating production ready assets, while building general and Nike exclusive knowledge to graduate into a more design heavy role. You are a visual thinker who can transform the abstract into something beautiful and tangible. You must be detail oriented with a clear understanding of and respect for calendar and process. You place a high value on your health and that of your teammates through collaboration, inclusion, optimism and positivity. You are a bridge builder, a friend maker, a note taker, and a go getter.
What You Will Work OnIf this is you, you will play a key role in getting Prints & Pattern onto Nike products. We will lean on you to create colored up Print & Pattern work using seasonal color palettes and direction from Functional Color Teams. You will build schematic files for print rollers, textile manufacturing, digital print and Footwear needs. You will build print related tools to support the Digital Product Creation partners. You will be an active participant in seasonal and special project design work, and provide support on presentations, meeting tools, physical and digital file and design boards organization. You will be the key contact for Nike’s Creative Asset Management Team in ensuring that seasonal prints are pass through review for fidelity, context, and trademark.
Who You Will Work WithYou will report to the Design Director of Print & Pattern. This is a highly visible role that collaborates closely with Color, Apparel, and Graphic designers across all Nike product creation teams. You will work with the Global Accessories and Materials team to create assets that translates concepts into physical and digital products. You will work with the Creative Asset Management Team to protect the Nike brand.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- Comprehensive understanding of Nike Design Ethos, the Voice & Vibe of the brand
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Understanding the translation of print and pattern onto 3D product and on to the body (using physical and digital tools)
- Connection and understanding of color theory and usage for manufacturing and for representation of critical narratives within functional teams
- Understanding multiple print and textile processes and how to approach with design solutions
- NIKE Design and Brand understanding
- A thirst to learn software and technical requirements to bring print and pattern to life
- Familiar with fashion + street trend and subculture
- Learning sport culture
- Strong organizational, communication, time management skills
- Tolerates ambiguity
- Optimism and positivity
- Collaborative and inclusive spirit
- Passion for creativity and design