Associate Designer, Ready to Wear
VENUS is a leading women’s fashion brand offering clothing, fashionwear and lingerie in sizes 2-24. Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, VENUS’ unique products inspireFun. Sexy. Style. and help our customers to make an impression in every moment of their lives.
This role is an opportunity to join a growing organization with transparent leadership and to work in an innovative environment with other passionate and hard-working people. Sustainability, diversity and inclusion are core values of our brand and are central to the company’s engaging culture. If you would like to be part of our inclusive, forward-thinking and collaborative team, we encourage you to apply today!
The Ready to Wear Associate Designer is responsible in partnership with the Design team for originating designs for the apparel collection and related products, specifying color, fabric, pattern and silhouettes. The Ready to Wear Associate designer will also select fabric, color, and trims, and relate them to the product design, function and silhouette with a close partnership with the merchandising teams.
- Passion for Fashion a must!
- Skilled Hand sketching or illustration
- Ability to gather ideas into understandable, trend relevant concepts and present to cross-functional team members
- Create initial tech packs or design cards with precision
- Understand fit and technical design requirements in partnership with with technical designers
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite
- Understand fit specs and grading in partnership with technical designers.
- Organize and prioritize daily workload of assigned product lines to meet all deadlines.
- Support senior members of the design team in development of seasonal designs
- Communicate design requirements to vendors, mills, garment makers
- Organize all fit and aesthetic samples
- Ensures labeling, marketing and packaging requirements are compliant with Brand standards.
- Interfaces with the Pre-Production and Production teams to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Attend weekly production meetings to gain cross functional alignment as needed.
- Ensure timelines and deadlines are met.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of how to create a technical package and assign points of measure that will progress a style through the development and secure the fit during production QC inspections.
- Strong sense of fashion, design aesthetic and proportion.
- Strong understanding of pattern corrections, fit standards, grade rules, and tolerances.
- Computer literacy and the ability to utilize programs to conduct business; includes but not limited to Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop, Gerber Accumark, Excel, Microsoft Office, Web PDM or other software based specification systems, Digistyle, Qlik, etc. (internal systems will be taught)
- Highly organized, accurate, detail-oriented, and time management capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Willingness to assist as needed in the department.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Apparel Manufacturing, Design, or equivalent, with 3+ years’ experience in Fashion Development Design or fabric and garment construction and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with a women’s apparel brand preferred.