Associate Designer, Sperry
TheAssociate Designercreate and modify product designs; partner with team to conceptualize and provide ideation sketches, material specifications and trim details in line with market trends and product development timelines.
- Organize and prepare designer specifications and product information to provide for the timely and efficient development process.
- Assist in researching market and fashion trends to formulate the direction of new designs.
- Participates with design leadership, product development and marketing to collaborate on design projects.
- Refines existing designs as needed or as directed.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience required.
- 1+ years of footwear design experience preferred.
- Ability to visualize finished product.
- Ability to effectively communicate visually through sketches, illustrations and renderings.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as be part of a team.
- Strong computer skills – 3D, Photo-shop software and Adobe Illustrator
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.