Associate Designer, Sweaters - FRYE (Men's & Women's)
Established in 2009, NYC Alliance has become a leading, vertically-integrated, multi-channel apparel company that seamlessly connects demand to supply.
Associate Designer, Sweaters - (Frye & 525)
The Associate Designer, in partnership with the cross functional team (Merchandising, Production, Graphics, etc.) drives the design and execution of a men's and women's sweaters.
- Work closely with Design Director, Designer and other partners in technical and creative execution of sweaters.
- Organize and build concept boards and assist with preparation for design presentations
- Responsible for making sure all tech packs are accurate, and tracking samples.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to maximize the business.
- Support and participate in all relevant company wide initiatives as they arise.
- Responsible for trend research including market research, designing, sketching, spec'ing and fit in collaboration with design team.
- Translate seasonal concept into fully articulated line for product classification.
- Work with merchandising to create seasonal direction in silhouette, fabric and concept that is true to the overall design direction.
- Understand the intricacies of the production process as it relates to the classification.
- Write development sheets including detailed sketches, yarns and trims, fabric construction, etc.; also include extensive pitch sheet with all color way information, pattern layout/placement information.
- Communicate daily with cross-functional partners, both internal and global.
- Manage deadlines in accordance with the corporate calendar.
- Stay aware of industry trends and market competitors.
- Strong follow up skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion (or equivalent experience and education)
- 2-3 years related experience
- Strong computer sketching skills and CAD work
- Understanding of the market
- Strong knowledge of knitwear, yarns and sweaters
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA
- Retirement Savings Plan Match
- Summer Fridays
- Discounts and More!
- Annual Salary $65,000-75,000
- The offered salary for this position will vary based on role requirements determined by NYC Alliance, skill set and years of experience.