Associate Designer Temporary
Design and develop seasonal product concepts based on thorough trend and competitive research and overall creative direction, with direction from Designer. Manage seasonal product design execution for the business classification to achieve overall creative and business objectives. This includes fabric and trim selection, styling, color, textile design, and fit. This is a temporary,Job ResponsibilitiesCore Accountabilities:
- Research, interpret and apply market trends appropriate to the brand.
- Work with Designer to formulate seasonal strategies.
- Assist in development of color and concept direction with Designer for specific classification responsibilities.
- Manage creative development of product within the merchandise assortment strategies.
- Develop technical sketches for new products.
- Review all prototype samples for construction, silhouette, fit, and trim details.
- Collaborate with Design and Merchandising team to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- Assist in the management, development and approval seasonal pattern work, trims and washes.
- Attend Product Fittings and address fit issues to maintain the design integrity and ensure the fit is brand appropriate.
- Assist and execute product presentations.
- Identify and handoff BOM to Product Developers.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Execute within seasonal calendar schedule.
- Apparel or fashion design degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of related product design and development experience.
- Proven design expertise within, or related to, the classification/category.
- Ability to sketch in Adobe Illustrator is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
This is a full-time temporary position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.Other Considerations:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.