Associate, Designer (w/ Strong Technical Skills) - Hudson Jeans
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women's, men's and kid's apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company's future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
What could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world's most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you'll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders. The challenges are exciting and the possibilities endless - as you contribute your skills in a vibrant, customer- and people-centric culture that celebrates you as a valuable member of the team.Job descriptionSpecific Responsibilities Would Include
The Associate Designer is responsible for creating development through production construction sketches to guide our manufacturing partners as they construct garments. This individual will work hand in hand with our Senior Designer to perfect fit and finalize the garment from development to production stages. This position will work on Women's denim, woven, and knits: bottoms, tops, dresses, cut + sew, fully fashioned garments, and outerwear.
- Strong sketching skills needed.
- Seasonal sketching with Senior Designer.Create/update all Tech Pack Construction Sketches.Strong garment construction knowledge needed.
- Attend all fittings with Senior Designer.
- Identify issues with the measured specs and call these out during the fitting.Participate in fittings to problem solve and execute revisions.Take all notes in every fitting.
- Work closely with Senior Designer and our manufacturing partners to achieve the desired construction and fit results.
- Collaborate with the Product Development and Production teams to answer technical questions and solve problems.
- Ensure size, fit, construction, and quality consistency.
- Update Seasonal Sketch Decks, Seasonal Line Masters, Sample Notification Logs.
- Participate in seasonal style validation meetings.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Share required.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite and Illustrator required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for apparel business and ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Experience working with overseas factories in China and India.
- Must understand the brand ethos and relate to our overall design aesthetic.
- 3-5 years of technical design or related experience.
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $55,000-$62,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer