Associate Designer - Womens
About the Role
Under general supervision, the Associate Designer will assist in designing product line that is consistent with each season’s themes. You will work more independently in creating and executing the design for a limited area of responsibility.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for researching domestic markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for “specing” a new design.
- Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
- Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Can meet independently with vendors.
Who You Are
- Solid understanding of design process
- Previous Sweater experience required
- Solid flat sketching skills
- Good design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills
- General computer knowledge
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- 2-4 years design experience.
- Ability to use personal computer.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco:Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog