Associate Designer - Women's Denim
Min: $65,000 - Max: $98,000
Title: Associate Denim Designer
Reports to: Designer
Overview: To assist the designer with implementation of all stages of the design plan.
- Work closely with Design Directors to work through concepts, wash direction and silhouette direction to build out a compelling assortment for each season.
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, inspiration pictures, fabrication, and wash standard samples.
- Organize and prepare wash panels and wash standards for milestone meetings.
- Research seasonal trends, themes, and detail direction for specified classification.
- Execute and manage seasonal line list and meet product development calendar deadlines.
- Work with Technical Design in preparing and ensuring accuracy of specs from initial concept to technical design cards.
- Conduct fittings with Designer or Design Director.
- Work with Production to maintain design concept through out production process.
- 2-4 years Design experience
- Apparel Design degree
- High taste level and creative ability
- Strong denim wash/vintage sense
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and calendars
- Good follow through, proactive
- Knowledge of garment construction and fabric/trim
- Strong illustration skills and sketching ability
- Organized and able to manage wash library/leg panels
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- BA Fashion Design
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.