Associate Designer, women's outer apparel - maurices
maurices is a women’s apparel retailer that celebrates feel good fashion for real life. It’s committed to its service with style promise and offering affordable fashion that takes women from workday to weekend and all of life’s adventures in between. With inclusive sizing from 0-24, maurices is famous for its versatile styles including key categories such as denim, dresses, tops, and more. Established in 1931, maurices operates 935 stores in communities across North America. Discover even more fashion at maurices.com.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Associate Designer, women's outer apparel - maurices to join our team located at our Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011.
Ready to help bring feel good fashion for real life™ to hometowns across North America? Join our family of amazing individuals in our corporate office in Duluth, Minnesota, ranked one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in 2019. Since 1931, we’ve helped women look and feel their best every day — making maurices not only a special place to shop, but a great place to work and connect. Apply today!
Position OverviewThe Associate Designer provides creative & operational support to the Women’s Design (outer apparel) team through all aspects of the product life cycle, from initial concept to production. This person needs to be proficient in following design direction, hitting deadlines in a timely manner, and understanding the maurices design process. The Associate Designer should be able to proxy for their manager and is empowered to make decisions in line with the product strategy. The Associate Designer should exhibit attributes of a good team player: is curious & solution oriented, utilizes both analytical/creative brain, has a high aptitude for new digital processes, is motivated by our customer and is passionate about the work they do at maurices.
Our Design Pillars/Ideology
- INNOVATION CULTIVATOR. Curious. Strategic. Futuristic. Solution Oriented. Utilizes Art/Science Muscle
- TEAM BUILDER. Leverages others for success. Highly Collaborative.
- CREATIVE INFLUENCER. Delivers Trend. Confident in Creative Choices. Evolves Product. Influences change for good. Inspires. Ideates in a relatable way.
- CULTURE KEEPER. Builds upon the culture of the company. Acts with kindness and empathy
- PRODUCT. ‘Fabric-first’ design; understanding of fabric construction and brand aesthetic. Delivers inspiration & trend research for their category. Sketches & creates line-sheets in Adobe Illustrator. Creates tech-packs in PLM system. Maintains digital & physical organization of samples, files, materials, etc... for each season. Attends, participates and proxy’s for the designer in product fittings as needed.
- ORGANIZATION. Highly organized and detail oriented. Prioritizes work streams to deliver work that meets objectives within deadlines. Understands the product lifecycle calendar; meets the corresponding deliverables and responsible for milestone meeting preparation materials.
- COLLABORATION. Works & problem-solves with cross-functional partners in sourcing, tech-design & merchandising to develop and approve product throughout the design process. Is flexible & thrives in fast paced, often-changing, collaborative environment. Takes feedback in stride and knows how to translate and apply to category needs
- BUSINESS ACCUMEN. Understands and contributes to overall objectives of the department. Effectively reports current trends in relation to category and connects current sales results with future seasonal line plans. Builds assortment with the support of the Designer. Works with cross-functional teams to bring product strategy to life in all channels of business.
- CUSTOMER CURIOUSITY. Actively participates in continuous learning about our customer, the competition and relates creative findings to the business. Passionate about working for maurices & designing for our target customer.
- COMMUNICATION/PRESENTATION. Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Gives clear comments to vendors. Shows aptitude for presentation.
Work Experience and education requirements
- BA or BFA specializing in Fashion Design and/or 3+ years industry related experience.
Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011
Position TypeRegular/Full time
Pay RangeAnnual Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00
Equal Employment OpportunityThe Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.