Associate Designer, Women's Tops and Denim,
Who is Pacsun?
Pacsun is dedicated to delivering an exclusive collection of the most relevant brands and styles to a community of inspired youth. Through partnerships with brands such as adidas, Brandy Melville, Essentials Fear of God, our own brands, and many more, we offer a unique range of product that all youth can express themselves through. We have worked with celebrities such Emma Chamberlain, Storm Reid, Jules LeBlanc, and A$AP Rocky to curate exclusive product. Pacsun ranks #3 as a favorite apparel brand amongst teens - #1 amongst women and #4 amongst men. We have a reach of 1.6M followers on TikTok, 2.5M followers on Instagram and over 380K followers on Twitter.
We are committed to continuously learn and take action through philanthropic initiatives and outreach to support and partner with organizations that align with our company values of good mental health, diversity, and equality.
We believe in and understand the importance of using our voice, platform, and resources to inspire and bring about positive development in our local and global communities. Through meaningful partnerships and engagements, our goal is to inspire and positively impact the people around us, near and far.
Purpose:With our organization rooted in California teen culture, Pacific Sunwear has remained true to its original foundation since opening doors in 1980. Now as one of the top names in teen fashion (with 640 stores in 50 states), we continue to build upon a customer centric organization looking forward to continued success and opportunity. We achieve our current and future goals through our employees and enjoy a collaborative environment where each role is valued. For our current Associate Designer opportunity, we seek individuals who look forward to being part of Pacific Sunwear’s amazing story.
Core Accountabilities:Success in this role will entail the ability to think both tactically and strategically, creative, knowledge of current trends with the ability to translate ideas into designs, strong track record testing products and ability to think like a merchant. The core responsibilities that will keep you busy every day include creating and executing original design concepts (with focus on function, quality and creativity) for specific categories within the Division; continually assess overall market landscape in order to recommend new business opportunities. In this role, we value attention to detail, design integrity, innovation, effective communication as well as the ability to build strong relationships, and current trend analysis and interpretation. Additionally, this position will be an integral contributor to developing fabrics which includes shopping the trim market; working with graphic design for initial fabric pattern concepts; working with colorists; and managing the follow through to handloom, strike off, lab dips approval, etc. In this role, the Associate Designer is responsible for meeting all merchandise assortments and price point guidelines by partnering with team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion/design related field and/or equivalent work experience required
- Pro-active in every aspect of work (i.e., forward thinking, ability to anticipate, driven to get tasks accomplished)
- Proficient in Adobe illustrator and Photoshop, experience in InDesign preferred.
- PDM experience and training preferred
- 1-2 years of design experience (including fabric sourcing, technical design, trim development, color training and fittings)
- PC, MAC and CAD experience
- Ability to communicate ideas, issues, opportunities, etc.
- Excellent trend research that is relevant to our customer
- Proven ability to manage calendar and meet deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours, with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed