Associate Designer - Women's Wovens
Adecco Creative and Marketing is assisting a women's fashion brand in finding an Associate Designer for tops, wovens, knits, and/or sweaters. This role has the potential to turn into a career with a booming brand. We are looking for an Associate Designer with 3+ years in NYC to concept and collab with the finest.
The Associate Designer assists the Designer with the execution of seasonal collections, fabrications and colors that maintain the brand identity. Assists in the development, concept and design of the product line. Prepares Line Review presentation materials, concept boards, fabric and color boards and flat sketches. Embodies the company's Values & Practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brand, embracing diversity in all facets of the position and representing a hunger for knowledge and responsibility
This is a temp to perm, hybrid role.
- Assists in identifying seasonal fashion direction, merchandise trends and client needs for the area of responsibility
- Assists in the preparation of design specification sheets, both flat and technical sketches, pitch sheets and trim sheets
- Contributes to conceptualization and implementation of the line; Prepares presentation boards highlighting fabric, flats, and figure sketches; Assists in set up of all Spectrum and Concept presentations
- Participates in line assortment building and line presentations with the goal of creating a cohesive and exciting collection
- Assists in research and development for trims and print and pattern
- Attends all style fittings and provides input/feedback as necessary; Keeps detailed notes from all fittings
- Maintains product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent in Design
- 1-2 years’ experience in wovens, sweaters, knits and/or tops design
- Highly prefer someone with women's tops experience
- Creativity and enthusiasm for fashion
- Strong sketching and illustration ability
- Ability to identify color and fashion trends
- Knowledge of design specifications, i.e. draping, pattern making, sewing and CAD software
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and all other Microsoft Office Applications
In addition, while working for Adecco Creative, you will be partnering with a boutique firm within a global conglomerate that gives you access to upskilling, a community of recruiting partners, dedicated Associate care and payroll team, continued access to 100s of new jobs, the ability to stay up-to-date on creative, marketing, and hiring trends.