Associate Designer, Wovens & Knits - Hybrid
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
WHAT’S IN A NAME? EVERYTHING.We don't just sell cutting-edge fashion and accessories, we create it. Our talented fashion design team — the Nordstrom Product Group — develops, designs, produces and sources 15-plus private Nordstrom labels. From traditional to trendy, this team is shaping the styles and looks our customer love.
The ideal associate designer is experienced and has an eye for trend and the ability to create original saleable concepts that encompass style, color and fabric as directed.
- Conceptualize and accurately sketch design ideas based on direction from senior designer.
- Prepare and present design sketches to cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate with design team and cross-divisional partners.
- Support Senior Designer to prep for key milestones.
- Research trends and competitive brands and report on findings.
- Bachelor's degree in Design.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in design industry.
- Strong design portfolio and/or CV resume.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to hand-sketch.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe CS.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skill.
- Strong understanding of industry and trends.
- Enthusiasm for Nordstrom culture and growth opportunity in a corporate environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and systems.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
We’ve got you covered…Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range DetailsThe pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
WA - $69,000-110,500
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Learn more in the Nordstrom Benefits Overview by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser: https://careers.nordstrom.com/pdfs/Ben_Overview_15_Full_Time_ES-US.pdf