Associate Digital Merchandiser
The Associate Digital Merchant Role at Bath & Body Works supports the development and management of category strategies to grow their businesses on a consistent, profitable basis for Bath&BodyWorks.com. The Associate Merchant aids in the creation of these strategies and tactics based on a deep understanding of the Direct business, Stores business, target customers and the competition.
- Works with Manager to develop clear strategies and tactics to drive volume, customer engagement, and profit for respective categories on BBW.com.
- Actively analyzes the business to provide meaningful insights into performance - assessing category, customer, and shopping behavior through the digital channel.
- Works together with Manager and Merchandise Planning to develop seasonal plans that utilize historical performance and current business data
- Collaborates with Retail Merchandising, Design and Production on development of online product extensions (where applicable)
- Partners with Site Merchandising on the development of seasonal digital floor-sets delivering upon brand, category and customer priorities all while providing a frictionless shopping experience
- Works with Digital Marketing partners to provide category inputs to external marketing campaign strategies
- Responsible for the execution of launch plans and set-up for product category including, but not limited line list management, digital creative requests, pricing files
- Owns validation of product content from sample to launch on-site
- Seen as the category expert and "go to" person by their cross-functional partners
- Active curiosity to move processes and workflows forward – drive efficiencies and speed to eliminate redundancies and enhance agility
- Understand the competition by conducting patterning activities to identify opportunities and challenges for in-season business and future strategies
- Visits stores regularly to proactively solicit feedback from customers and sales associates
- 2+ years of merchandising experience; eCommerce and/or buying experience preferred
- Strong understanding of vertically integrated retail, business acumen and retail math skills
- Flexibility and agility in managing complex deliverables in a fast-paced retail environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written & verbal)
- Flexible to work during off-business hours to support BBW.com
- Systems and computer proficiency (MS Office-Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make employment decisions based on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, protected Veteran status or any other legally protected status, and we comply with all laws concerning non-discriminatory employment practices. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for associates and job applicants with disabilities. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.