Associate eCommerce Merchandiser
Position Location: Dearborn, Michigan
Reports To: D2C Sr. Merchandiser
Job Band: Professional
Remote Status: Hybrid
SummaryThe Associate Merchandiser supports the merchandising team to drive ecommerce business growth against the financial plan and execute fast, easy and meaningful shopping experiences for our consumer.
Responsibilities include working closely with the Senior Merchandiser to build assortment strategies, influence investments and analyze sales, GM% and KPIs to identify and prioritize opportunities.
The Associate Merchandiser will participate in monthly forecasting and pre-season planning to help achieve financial plan, monitor the market and partner with site merchandising to drive conversion and facilitate product browsing.
We are All Leaders at CarharttIn our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being inclusive, recognizing that our differences make us stronger as we strive to build a better world, together, for all hardworking people. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Support Senior Merchandiser with seasonal merchandise strategies to create compelling omni-channel experiences and maximize revenue and conversion
- Analyze business trends: Identify opportunities through sales, KPI and consumer performance analysis and partner with Senior Merchandiser and cross functional team to execute on opportunities
- Communicate business results and seasonal strategies to cross functional counterparts in merchandising, global product, planning, inventory and customer service
- Monitor the marketplace for trends and new ideas related to on the online and omni-channel shopping experience
- Participate in the development of a seasonal financial revenue plan and monthly forecast by category to maximize product profitability, GM$ and inventory management
- Own the product set-up from start to finish for seasonal launches by coordinating site catalog loads, on-model photoshoots, and copy hand-offs
- Give insight and direction to site merchants to drive category performance
- Partner with merchant counterparts to build product knowledge packs for customer service associates and store associates to leverage for selling opportunities
- Develop deep understanding and expertise of the Carhartt brand, our consumers and the products
- Mine consumer feedback via online ratings and reviews and customer service team to identify optimization opportunities
- Seek new opportunities to grow the business and further personal and professional development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required in Merchandising or Related Field
- 1 or more years of Ecommerce experience
- Apparel, retail or consumer products experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with online merchandising tools
- Ability and desire to work at both the tactical/operational and strategic levels
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills and mindset; general understanding of retail math
- Detail oriented
- Strong understanding and passion for product, merchandising, store and website experiences
- Team player with exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- General product knowledge of apparel a plus
- Office Environment
- Light Lifting (10-15 lbs.)
- Travel (10%)
- Willing to work some weekends if necessary
- Hybrid location: Associate will work on-site regularly as needed for work activities.
- Tobacco Free