Associate Fashion Designer
At Buttercloth® our passion for excellence drives everything we do. Proud makers of “The World’s Most Comfortable Shirts,” Buttercloth appeared on Shark Tank, made a deal with Robert Herjavec, and together we are making history. One of the fastest-growing premium e-commerce fashion brands, Buttercloth is looking for the next superstar to join its energetic team.
This is a full-time, in-office (Torrance, CA), salaried position, starting at $60,000 - $75,000 depending on experience. Buttercloth offers benefits including 401k, health & dental, paid vacation and holidays, and a professional, rewarding working environment.
Resume and portfolio required.
How You Will Make a Difference
• You’ll review emerging trends, and research local markets.
• You’ll research inspiration for the creation of cohesive collections each season.
• You’ll develop flats and sketches.
• You will prepare Tech Packs with fabric, trim, & construction detail.
• You’ll work with our Tech Designer on development of new bodies.
• You will communicate directly with overseas factories to develop garments and monitor sample progress.
• You’ll evaluate samples and prepare design comments.
• You’ll manage sample delivery to ensure all calendar deadlines are met.
• You will prepare design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation.
• You’ll participate in reviewing samples, provide recommendations and feedback.
• You’ll assist with photo-shoots and other creative content.
What You’ll Bring
● A bachelor’s degree in fashion design.
● Elevated, premium aesthetic sense, and creative thinking with a strong eye for detail and refinement.
● 3-5 years in apparel design and overseas development, managing product categories from concept through completion.
● Strong knowledge of textiles, colors, prints, and garment construction.
● Experience with product costing & development into target cost.
● Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop.
● Skill in computer illustration.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Good problem solving skills
● Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data to support merchandising and revenue goals.
● Strong detail orientation and follow through skills - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
● Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude as a strong team player.