Associate Footwear and Accessories Designer
As Associate Shoe and Accessories Designer, you collaborate closely with our Founder and Creative Director to assist in the development and maintenance of shoe and accessories designs from concept through production. You are creative, passionate about the product, and have an elevated aesthetic and luxury standards that match the Sarah Flint brand. You understand balancing creative thinking with commercial viability while always evolving the product. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced, creative, start-up culture. You maintain excellent partnerships and clear communication with internal cross-functional and external teams.
What you will do:
- Help in the creation of seasonal design boards and keep up to date throughout the season(s)
- Conduct design research to support in the creation of new ideas, techniques etc.
- Update sketches and boards as the design and development progresses
- Partner with Creative Director, Founder, and Head Designer, Sarah Flint, to materialize new collections based on the seasonal theme
- Collect, track and ensure all information is compiled and easily accessible for each style
- Maintain comprehensive company library of Spec Sheets, Materials, Costing Sheets, and other product components or details
- Upload and digitize Sarah’s sketches and construction details by using illustrator for tech packs
- Color cads using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Take and share notes on updates to design/sketch during meetings
- Organize and prepare samples and protos for review
- Maintain partnerships with external artists and high profile brand collaborations - coordinate artwork, branding, packaging, printed collateral and custom materials
- Liaise with the production team in Italy including 2-4 trips to Europe per year
This role is a dual report into the Founder and Creative Director as well as the VP of Merchandising, Production, and Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accessories Design or related area and/or equivalent work experience
- Ideally 2 years of shoe design experience working for a luxury brand
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Strong hand and Illustrator sketching & specing experience
- Must be able to build all tech packs and pass specs in a detailed, organized, and clear manner for factory prototype sample making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus points if you speak Italian