Associate Footwear and Accessories Designer
Associate Footwear and Accessories Designer
Who We Are
At luxury footwear brand Sarah Flint, we believe in design that inspires, quality and style that endures and comfort that keeps you moving. Always. Designed by a woman, and inspired by great women, we deliver artisanal craftsmanship, obsession over the details, and expert manufacturing. Sarah Flint: Luxury Reimagined.
Why You’ll Love Us
At Sarah Flint, we are a Family. Every single person is integral to our process and a member of our community – from our family-owned factories to our amazing team members and our beloved customers. We’re a passionate, tight-knit and super-driven team. We come to work every day because we enjoy working with each other, and we prioritize our core values in all we do:
Customer Obsession– Our customers are our everything
Focus– We work smarter, not harder
360° Degree Kindness– We don’t believe kindness and luxury are mutually exclusive
Going Above and Beyond– Companies that stay still don’t go anywhere
Creative Mindset– Everyone has the power to be creative regardless of department, role, or seniority and we are all responsible for our success
What We’re Looking For
As Associate Shoe and Accessories Designer, you collaborate closely with our Founder and Creative Director to assist in the development and maintenance of shoe and accessories designs from concept through production. You are creative, passionate about the product, and have an elevated aesthetic and luxury standards that match the Sarah Flint brand. You understand balancing creative thinking with commercial viability while always evolving the product. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced, creative, start-up culture. You maintain excellent partnerships and clear communication with internal cross-functional and external teams.
What you will do
- Help in the creation of seasonal design boards and keep up to date throughout the season(s)
- Conduct design research to support in the creation of new ideas, techniques etc.
- Update sketches and boards as the design and development progresses
- Partner with Creative Director, Founder, and Head Designer, Sarah Flint, to materialize new collections based on the seasonal theme
- Collect, track and ensure all information is compiled and easily accessible for each style
- Maintain comprehensive company library of Spec Sheets, Materials, Costing Sheets, and other product components or details
- Upload and digitize Sarah’s sketches and construction details by using illustrator for tech packs
- Color cads using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Take and share notes on updates to design/sketch during meetings
- Organize and prepare samples and protos for review
- Maintain partnerships with external artists and high profile brand collaborations - coordinate artwork, branding, packaging, printed collateral and custom materials
- Liaise with the production team in Italy including 2-4 trips to Europe per year
This role is a dual report into the Founder and Creative Director as well as the VP of Merchandising, Production, and Operations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accessories Design or related area and/or equivalent work experience
· Ideally 2 years of shoe design experience working for a luxury brand
· High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop and Microsoft Office
· Strong hand and Illustrator sketching & spacing experience
· Must be able to build all tech packs and pass specs in a detailed, organized, and clear manner for factory proto sample making
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Bonus points if you speak Italian
What We Offer
- A team who wants to exchange ideas and enjoys coming to work every day
- High growth environment and ability to make a real impact
- Competitive compensation commensurate with your experience and other benefits
- Growth trajectory within the brand, so that you're able to find fulfillment in the day to day of the role
- A team who understands and values work/life balance
Equal Opportunity Employer + Anti-Discrimination Policy
Sarah Flint is an equal opportunity employer. We create luxuries for women who delight in the details. This includes women of every race, ethnicity, age, shape, geography, religious belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ability, and heritage.
At Sarah Flint, we believe diversity is foundational to our creativity, innovation, and business success.
We welcome everyone to our team. We believe that Black Lives Matter and especially encourage Black, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian and other people of color, people with disabilities, and others who are under-represented in the fashion industry to join our team. We want everyone who works for us to have the opportunity to be themselves, to be heard, and to be able to contribute. We believe in equality of opportunity and treatment and we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We are committed to a process of continuous improvement. Our diversity and inclusion efforts are central company goals, and aim to:
· Set real, measurable goals and actions;
· Pursue authentic and actionable commitments;
· Track and analyze data over time, comparing those numbers to numbers at other organizations, and sharing with key stakeholders;
· Be an ongoing goal, not a box to check off;
· Make intentional commitments to long-term structural changes; and
. Try Harder. More Often