Associate Footwear Designer
Our client, a popular fashion brand, is seeking a Footwear Designer to join their team in New York!
You must have footwear design experience to be considered!
This is a full-time hour contract role.
- Set up design cards (sketch, reference images, construction details, BOM, measurements) in PLM (Flex PLM)
- Complete data entry in PLM
- Preparation for & attend design meetings
- Communicate daily with design and production teams
- Complete administrative tasks as needed such as organization and filing
- Maintain the sample library
- Manage BOM (PLM) and line sheet updates throughout development and production process
- Develop sketches and CADs utilizing Adobe Illustrator
- Coloring CADs
- 2-3 years Design experience within footwear or accessories
- Apparel Design degree
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in PLM system (Flex PLM experience is plus)
- Detail oriented, team player
- Technical sketching and CAD ability (flat)
- Ability to work in the fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
Please submit your Resume & Portfolio to apply!
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.