Associate Handbag Designer, Lucky Brand
The Associate Designer supports the Designer in the design process. Participates in executing all visual materials from the Design department specific to the design process from concept to delivery. Oversees the preparation of presentation concept boards for all design meetings. Researches latest trends within market. Constant communication with Designer and Development teams to ensure accurate execution of product design. May oversee the work of an entry level assistant designer.
Reports to:Sr Designer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Pulling tears, screenshots, assist in compiling the research.
· Assist in sketching, following direction of design leaders. Assisting in specing/coloring the line.
· Enter design specs into system and ensure accuracy.
· Communicate design information to overseas teams
· Participate in research and identifying seasonal fashion, fabric, technique, trim and merchandise trends
· Support direct manager to prepare presentation boards and materials
· Develop and manage flat sketches and detailed tech/design packs. Ensure all levels of details are accurate.
· Work closely with Assistant Designer to create seasonal line sheets
· Attend fittings and communicate fit notes/ updating sketches
· Support sample management and showroom set-up
· Create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings of materializations in Photoshop and Illustrator. Detail concept, materials, and development specifications at direction of Designer
· Review prototypes in a timely manner and update tech packs to reflect agreed upon changes and modifications
· Collaborate with the production team to design products within specific pricing and market segment guidelines
· Collaborate and communicate with production teams to ensure design objectives are executed as directed
· Prepare and present design projects, provides input into design vision
· Collaborate with and support peers and sales teams to ensure season runs smoothly
· Proactively anticipate how to manage design deadline in order to meet critical dates
· International travel as required. Attendance at tradeshows and events may also be required as directed
· Ability to use market research, trends and industry knowledge to participate in upcoming design meetings
· Must be a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills and flexibility
· Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
· Professional demeanor and customer service oriented
· Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite; Illustrator and Photoshop
· Ability to sketch, CAD and understand foundational design elements
· 3-5 years related handbag design experience.
· Experience creating technical drawings, tech-packs, CADS and merchandising boards
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising or Design and experience in handbag design, footwear design or industrial design