Associate Handbag Technical Designer
New York, NY, USAPosted 9 hours ago
Full timeRetail Apparel and Fashion
Major Apparel/Accessory Company looking forAssociate Handbag Technical Designer.
- Manage all BOMs with the teams/designers entering all information correctly into PLM (we are open to training in PLM if needed)
- Manage Confirm samples/ PP and TOP samples and CS/PP/TOP library (this also includes pulling standard samples for review of SVP of design against new samples that arrive daily )
- Creating full style tech packs with all details including fillers, collars, stitch per inch.
- Sending out revisions and comments to current samples and saving updated details into share drive
- Attending all turn in meetings to make sure all fcty allocation is clear along with all revisions needed
- Keeping tech library up to date for all team members to access for counter sample
- Create a library & competitive knowledge of all sub materials/ components for bags-- Filler, collar, batting
- Knowledge of handbag construction from the inside out
- Managing a time an action calendar in collaboration with design & production for an on time delivery.
- Be able to effectively manage time and multi-task, pay strong attention to detail
- Helping SDD and SVP to Set up for design meetings (helping to update boards, moving boards and samples into showrooms)
- Daily correspondence with Asian Fctys
- Bachelor degree in fashion design
- 3-5 years working experience as a Technical Designer
- Must have handbag or accessories experience
- Must understand patternmaking and garment construction
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel/ Microsoft Word/ Microsoft Office/ Lotus Notes/ Microsoft Photo Edition
$65,000 - $75,000