Associate Manager- Digital Commerce Merchandising
The Associate Manager position is responsible for various retail health categories online. The team manages online sales and buy online pick up in store/omnichannel sales. Some of the day to day includes: shaping the online customer-centric pricing, promotions and assortment strategies and digital marketing programs to drive online sales via the website. The Associate Manager collaborates daily with cross-functional teams to support and execute the merchandising strategy essential to the organization’s vision. With limited direction, the digital Associate Manager manages ongoing business through insight-led decision making, assortment optimization, category marketing, visual merchandising, and supplier management - to name a few. This individual should be an example and leader for the team, someone who wants to manage, mentor and coach others.
- Plans, develops, and recommends sales, gross profit level, inventory control, and merchandise turnover objectives for online merchandising.
- Responsible for managing and hitting financial goals (sales, margin, inventory, etc) and presenting results and strategies to the leadership team.
- Develops and recommends online merchandising and promotions to drive Omni channel revenue.
- Negotiates buying contracts on categories or subsets of categories as determined by the Digital Commerce Category Manager and reviews contracts with the Digital Commerce Category Manager.
- Ensures all site product and product content is current and accurate.
- Analyzes market, competitive, and customer perception data, and provides recommendations to the Digital Commerce Category Manager regarding price levels and merchandising opportunities.
- Reviews and analyzes historical and YTD category performance data. Recommends performance goals for categories, and manages category performance as assigned by the Digital Commerce Category Manager.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to review and define customer insights through the ongoing analysis of the online channel and provides recommendations to leaders on action plans for growth and improvements.
- Develops an understanding of Walgreens and WBA private brands, including assortment and projected sales forecasts, gross profit level, and merchandising and promotional programs. Works with the Digital Commerce Category Manager to project sales forecasts and gross profit levels within the assigned categories.
- May manage team members including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work, and manages teams indirectly across client and operational organizations (including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of the team).
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in two or more of the following: retail, procurement/purchasing, merchandising, vendor relations, pharmacy operations, or retail marketing OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in two or more of the following: retail, procurement/purchasing, merchandising, vendor relations, pharmacy operations, or retail marketing.
- Experience working with P&L concepts – revenue, cogs, gross profit margin, operating expenses and income.
- Strong knowledge of consumer product merchandising and experience with sourcing, supplier negotiations, visual merchandising, forecasting and promotional strategy.
- Knowledge of customer centric retailing principles and the analytics of customer purchase behavior.
- At least 2 years of experience developing programs in merchandising, vendor relations, and marketing in the retail business.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 1 year experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Experience working in the digital space.