Associate Manager, Graphic Illustrator, Packaging Design
Do you love to draw? Are you fast on the spot? Think in the moment? Can you visualize a design concept and quicky render it into reality? Kendo is looking for a talented rendering wizard to join the Packaging Design Team in San Francisco.
The Graphic Illustrator of Packaging design is responsible for creating new product design renders for the entire scope of our Kendo brand portfolio. This position is key to demonstrate on the fly sketching/rendering/illustrations using creative vision to translate and evolve brand packaging by bringing concepts to life and tell a story through design. The Graphic Illustrator will communicate information, ideas, and instructions via visual drawings according to specifications set forth by the Product Universe Team.
- Produce high-level, on strategy Illustrations/renders that meet Kendo standard of creative excellence.
- Produce visual concepts to sell-in new product/packaging design ideas for presentations.
- Uses artistic judgment to select appropriate composition, design, and layout for each render/illustration.
- Creates accurate exploded-view drawings that can be manufactured.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graphic designer or Illustrator with 2-4 years’ work experience including 1-2 years of experience in the beauty or fashion, packaging design experience required
- BA or BFA in Design, Arts, and/or Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Advanced/Expert Apple computer skills in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with a specialty within Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Detail oriented designer who is comfortable with shifting design direction and working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and creative resolution skills
- Self-starter who will participates in all aspects of the programs from concept through execution
- Ability to quickly generate concepts and visually communicate those ideas with renderings and/or comps
- Ability to take initiative and know how to design ahead proactively without always being prompted
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight timelines and work productively in a team environment are required
- Excellent time management skills with ability to project manage workload autonomously is a must
- Must have excellent eye for color and typography.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Passion for graphic design and beauty with a sense of both current and developing trends in print/pattern, art, and packaging