Associate Manager, Merchandising (Footwear)
Associate Manager, Merchandising (Footwear)
As part of the Global Footwear Merchandising team, this role is an important entry to the brand. You will assist in creating not only the right products, but also the right product mix for diverse regions across the globe, developing product and consumer expertise along the way. From stores to online, you will help bring the seasonal category vision to life and are responsible for supporting the Footwear Merchandising team in transforming seasonal strategies into key new products and optimal assortments for the end consumer across the globe.
You will be a trusted member of our team reporting to the Manager, Merchandising, and you'll collaborate and liaise with both regional and global merchandising partners, design, development, engineering, and marketing.
You should have a passion for the art and science of product, retail, consumer, and analytics. As an Associate Manager, Merchandising, you will gain a strong understanding of retail environments, including digital, and bring a consumer-focused perspective to the team and business.
You are a merchandiser who is eager to learn the process while supporting the team in building products and consumer-right assortments that combine both strategic brand and global intent for the regional channels/tiers using historical data, analytics, and real-time market feedback to advise the future and win with our consumer.
*As of October 18, 2021, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions as allowed by state and local law. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
In this role, you will contribute to advancing our global business initiatives and support the Global Footwear Merchandising team through the following.
· Support and collaborate the footwear merchandisers to create a global line plan using historical data, analytics, consumer insight, and market feedback that meets or exceeds seasonal targets, wins with our consumer, and satisfies regional channel/tier requirements
· Support the footwear merchandisers in the creation of seasonal Direct to Consumer (DTC) centric integrated visual assortment planning tools and templates
· Assist in the creation of Go-to-Market (GTM) milestone presentations
· Support and contribute to strategic discussions on product briefs, line planning, seasonal strategy, and regional merchandising feedback
· Participate in cross-functional team meetings to learn and support the execution of seasonal deliverables
· Work with the Product Operations team to analyze seasonal complexity, forecasts, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to inform future line building
· Assist the PLS in the management of samples and catalog deliverables
How you will do it:
· Attend meetings with regional merchandising to understand the specific needs of each region
· Partner closely with the product line specialist (PLS) in day-to-day line plan management, ensuring data integrity
· Partner with the footwear, apparel and accessories merchandising teams to ensure alignment across all seasonal story-telling opportunities
· Attend meetings with regional merchant, development and design teams to review costing and product throughout the GTM stage gates
What success looks like:
With your skills in continuous improvement, decision making, planning and organizing and being customer focused, your talent for collaborating with communication, leveraging cultural diversity will contribute to the team’s success. You are also adaptable using applied learning; you initiate action and have high work standards.
Free to Be,Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in footwear merchandising, product creation, buying and/or retail in a vertical, multi-brand or digital environment.
Educational Position Requirements:
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees such as a bachelor’s degree or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
- What we expect you already know:
- Footwear, apparel, or relevant consumer footwear merchandising experience
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
- The ability to observe, build awareness, make recommendations
- What we will teach you:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
- To thrive in a supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- How to grow, both professionally and personally with tailored training – from a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training
- Be part of an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- To inspire others to step outside and make it better, make a difference by using purposeful actions first and encourage others to join you, believe in collaboration and work to create positive transformations, and initiate and propose bold ideas for innovation, development and progress.
- VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Join the Timberland Family
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting - nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?